Friday, April 6, 2012

'Freakenomics' - Steven D. Levitt & Stephen J. Dubner

MOOD
over all, i would say the mood I felt in this book would have to be, humor.
Even though there were many dark issues brought up, i always found myself chuckling in humor.
In Chapter three i enjoyed the quote "stand a grter chance dying while dealing crack in Chicago housing project than you do while sitting on death row in Texas." as i explained previouslt, this quote astonishes me and emphasizes the danger of drug dealing.
Another quote i enjoyed would be in the second chapter, when the authors list the phrases that the KKK would use to converse. this involved words such as Kludd, Kligrapp and Klabee. I even commented in the margins "what gibberish is this?"
Then there was the other quote in chapter 3: "the typical prostitute earns more than the typical architect."
Though I have mentioned this quote before, it is the only other quote that I enjoyed that wasn't a form of dark homur.

No comments:

Post a Comment